The Lip Product Beauty Tag



Were there a cosmetic-addict meeting group, my particular weakness would definitely be lip products. It is funny to think that only a few years ago I never wore lipstick. Nowadays I wear a different shade every day and have counted up to FOURTEEN rolling around my handbag.

So it seems only fitting to have one of first posts be the Lip Product Beauty Tag that did the rounds on Youtube and blogs a few months ago. 

Without further ado...

1. Favourite Lip Balm/Treatment: Go-To Skincare Lips!




Zoe Foster-Blake is a big part of why I got so into makeup and skincare. She is probably my biggest idol: her writing in witty, she is super knowledgeable, her achievements are enviable and she has the darn cutest baby ever! When she first announced her skincare line, I was as giddy as a kid at Christmas. Lips! is a nourishing balm with a mix of lovely stuff (lanolin, shea butter, Apricot Kernal Oil, beeswax etc.). It smells delightful and makes my lips look and feel super kissable. 

2. Best Eye-Catching Red: MAC Russian Red




I know this ain't at all original, but there is a reason why this beauty is so popular. This classic shade skews slightly deep so while maybe not a TRUE red, it is super flattering and certainly eye-catching. Being a matte formulation, it lasts for bloody ages which I love, and I always get complimented when I wear this which I love even more.

3. Best Luxury and Best Drugstore Product

As deep as my love for lipstick is, I don't actually own very many high-end lipsticks at the moment - though I do have a list for when I go to United States next year. I am hanging out to get at least one Tom Ford and one YSL to add to my collection. 




Luxury: Clarins Rouge Eclat 03 Petal Pink
This is a slightly peachy pink that is super-creamy and hydrating. I always feel super-cheerful when I wear it which may have something to do with it being literally the most delicious-smelling lipstick ever!




Drugstore: Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm (205 - Elusive)
Having seen countless reviews and swatches on these from the UK and the US, I was hanging out for the Matte Balms to be released here for a very long time - I was checking Priceline several times a week like a stalker. So when they FINALLY arrived, I went slightly overboard and bought five (plus two of the lacquer balms...). The colour selection is fabulous. Being matte, they are slightly drying, but with a subtle mint scent and impressive staying power I reach for these a lot. 

4. Best MAC Lipstick: Creme Cup




Again I only own a few MAC lipsticks because I think they are ridiculously overpriced here but will be stocking up in America next year. Creme Cup is my most regularly used MAC lipstick, being a quick and easy neutral pink lip. I use this both when I am doing a super bold eye or a lowkey "no makeup" look.  

5. Most Disappointing Lip Product: Rimmel Moisture Renew Notting Hill Nude





I love Rimmel lipsticks and have many (particularly the Kate Moss ones). Having seen so many people rave about this as being the "perfect nude", I eagerly picked it up. While I agree the colour is pretty good (though maybe slightly too dark for me so I tend to just dab it on) and it is quite moisturising, I can't stand the scent. As you may have guessed from the above, scent's of products are pretty important to me and this smells like old lady. It is so strong and I almost gag every time I put it on.

6. Lip Liner - Yes or No?



To be honest, I am not really for or against. I do use lipliners occasionally - sometimes if I am doing a bold colour (i.e. red) and want it to stay put, but I don't reach for them all the time. The one pictured is a NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Ruby which is a beautiful red but is kind of drying. 

7. Favourite Lip Gloss: Tanya Burr 'Aurora'



Tanya Burr is one of my favourite beauty Youtuber's and I rushed to buy her products as soon as they were released (except I can't find anywhere that ships the nail polishes to Australia - boo...). I purchased three shades: Afternoon Tea, Vampire Kiss and Aurora. I love them all, but find myself reaching for Aurora the most. It smells delicious (like lollies!) and is super-pigmented.

8. Something Extra: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet



These are so special it was as if this category was created just for them. Applied like a lipgloss with a doe-foot applicator, these set matte but are in no way drying - I actually can't even feel it on my lips! The swatch doesn't really do it justice- the pigmentation is amazing and they last forever - rave rave rave. I love them. The only downfall at the moment is the shade range - I have Hot Pepper (pictured) and Peach Club, and while there is one nude shade, I feel the range skews too 'red'.




What are your favourite lip products? 

Share:

0 comments